Anonymous said: Can you or shuttersmiley please tell me why there is no such thing as racism against white people?
I have some questions for you, actually.
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a gang sign
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
- White people literally cannot emphasize with Black people’s pain and thus they are given less pain medication and little to no sympathy in painful situations.
Racism against White people does not exist. Me calling you a cracker might hurt your feelings but it could never oppress you. Was never used to oppress you. Your history is being Oppressor, not the oppressed.
Meanwhile you calling me a racial slur only enforces the engraved white is right superiority that is literally seeped in everything, from beauty standards to a human value and innocence. All around the world.
You have a million and one links provided for you. Now go learn.
Thisi is necessary for everyone on tumblr to read
m-pen-studios said: Hi, Lesean. Over the last two days I was researching about what it is like to live in South Korea. Eventually I found a few videos about being black in South Korea and the people in those videos generally had very positive experiences, however the information I found on the internet to do with this topic was the complete opposite to what I saw on the youtube videos. What is your opinion on living in South Korea?
Many of the complaints I’ve read about and even heard about from fellow expats when involving racial discrimination in Seoul is primarily within the military and English Teacher community. Both have a well-known history too vast to get into at the moment, but it is very common amongst English teachers that white male & female expats are preferred by many Korean parents and English teaching institutions and not men of color (it’s actually particularly worse apparently for women of color, but it really depends on the company I hear). It’s a well-known complaint that is altogether wrong and unfortunately taught by a myriad of sources (media, military, xenophobia and cultural pride among others).
My experience living in Seoul however was a unique one, due to the fact that my purpose was to work in animation. Many of the young, talented and creative individuals I worked alongside with at JM animation, Studio Mir & MOI animation studio for almost 3 years were far more open-minded and progressive. Perhaps building with artists played a part in that. Could also be the younger generation in Seoul, who, through my experience exercised a more curious and open-minded approach, while combating their seniors who come from a different generation.
But my neighborhood was pretty friendly and the family store owners around the way were curious too and they were all very vocal as well as friendly to me. Maybe because I spoke & understood Hangul at a competent pace.
But the best way to learn about another culture is the just go like I did. Have your own experience. A thousand websites and books on travel aren’t worth one real trip, yo.
Yep, the interesting topic of being black in south korea. here’s LeSean’s answer.
P.S I asked the question……